The honor that is the “Honest Scrap” Award has now been bestowed upon me. But, the utter prestige and ranking that go along with such an award may be lost on you if you don’t know what it means to be invited to join the club.
The story of the “Honest Scrap” Award according to Google goes like this: East African Bloggers began this tradition in Nigeria then passed it on to Bloggers in Uganda and then went international.
As the tradition goes there are a few conditions that must be fulfilled to earn this great honor:
1) I have to: speak boastfully, blow one’s own horn, bluster, boast, crow, exult, gasconade, gloat, grandstand, hotdog, jive, pat oneself on the back, prate, puff, rodomontade, showboat, shuck, swagger, vaunt about the award itself and receiving the award.
2) I have to invoke the name of the “Great and Powerful OZ”, no wait that’s a whole other post. I mean mention the Blogger who bequeathed the honor on me: Dan Eskelson of ClearWater Landscapes http://clearwaterlandscapes.com/wordpress/2009/12/18/the-honest-scrap-award/ What a great guy!
3) Choose 7 other Bloggers who I admire for their wit, wisdom, content or otherwise magnificent design intellect and let them know of their distinction.
4) Show the names and links of those I have now conferred this massive exaltation and the links to their Blogs as well.
5) Last but not least, I have to now list ten little know things about myself in complete and total honesty.
Here goes, may I prove myself worthy:
7 Bloggers who I bestow the “Honest Scrap” Award to:
Carrie Stokes: http://ReadBetweenTheLimes.blogspot.com
Andrew Keys: http://www.oakleafgreen.com/
Scott Hokunson: http://bhld.wordpress.com
Rebecca Sweet: http://www.gossipinthegarden.com
Ivette Soler: http://thegerminatrix.com
Susan L. Morrison: http://www.garden-chick.typepad.com
Laura Schaub: http://interleafings.blogspot.com/
And now for my ten honest things: